I Love Helping Rescues & Shelters With Their Hard-to-Adopt Dogs!
I have a wealth of experience working with dogs that are difficult to adopt due to various behavior issues. Through A Different Kind of Dog Rescue Project, I can help you make your long-stay dogs more adoptable and more marketable while working within your budget.
If you are an Oklahoma City Rescue or Shelter, here are just some ways I can help you with your long-stay dogs:
- I can work on their skills on site or at foster homes
- I can take them off-site for exposure/socialization to new environments and around people/other dogs
- I can help decrease reactive/unsociable behavior at your adoption events
- I can provide behavior plans for your staff/volunteers/fosters
- I can conduct meet and greets or develop introduction protocols to help you reliably introduce to potential adopters and/or other dogs
- I can create “Take-Home” behavior instructions for adopters
- I can create video or live content to promote the dog on your social media
- I can conduct behavior evaluations to help you better understand a dog’s needs
- I promote all Rescue Project dogs on our Instagram account (@differentdogrescueproject)
- I provide free training/behavior support to all Rescue Project adopters to help minimize returns (may be contingent on my familiarity with the dog)